Monday, May 31, 2010

255.2!

Four graduation parties down, 2.4 pounds lost.  Yesterday, we went to two parties, including one that did not disappoint me with a full buffet of some of my favorites as I fully expected.  There were several things that tempted me and I could actually feel my arm and hand wanting to reach out and put them on my plate.  But alas, this desire to live longer and healthier is far more exciting than the taste of bacon, biscuits and gravy, or green chile over eggs could ever be.  So, my plate was filled with steamed broccoli, a medley of fresh fruit, and a salad with an Italian dressing and a few blue cheese crumbles.  My lone exception was a chocolate covered strawberry which I ate after knocking about half of the chocolate off.  The best part is that those cravings I had in line went away as soon as I started eating what I had put on my plate and realized that it all  tasted so good still and tasted even better because of the elation that comes with making such choices. 

I feel great at these parties.  I am standing tall and basking in a sea of compliments.  In the end, the compliments are less of a driver than they used to be.  Now, I am driven by that feeling of putting on nice clothes and feeling comfortable as I walk out the door.  I no longer have to go through five to ten shirts trying to decide what I feel comfortable in while turning to Lori and asking "does this look okay?" each time.  Yes, ladies, some of us men do this as well!  I laugh when I read this sentence.  I wasn't even worried about looking good... the question was whether or not I looked okay.  How sad.

And the icing on top of the cake (okay, bad analogy in a weight-loss blog) is that I no longer feel that bloated whale of a feeling after eating too much food.  I don't sit at the table cursing myself for what I just did.  I don't have to unbutton my shorts or pants so I can breathe.  I no longer feel uncomfortable.  I eat, stand up, and then bounce around the party looking to find and catch up with old friends with no desire of sitting throughout the entire party.  In fact, even counting my travels to Casper where I didn't eat as well, I have not felt that disgusting feeling of complete gluttony in such a long time that I am forgetting what it feels like! 

Tomorrow marks my official monthly check-in against my monthly goal.  I now only need .2 pounds to gain those three pounds back that I missed last month and go back to my original goals.  That will be 18 total pounds in May which will actually exceed my April loss of 14.6 pounds!  How incredible to not only keep up that excellent pace but to actually exceed it! 

My June goal is 10 pounds, or 245.  Secretly, between you and me, I now hope I can lose close to 15 pounds and get myself down to 240 by July 1.  Then I can celebrate on the Fourth of July with that All-American favorite, soy burgers on the grill!  lol.  Here's to taking complete control of your life and never having to worry about small obstacles such as graduation parties...

No comments:

Post a Comment