Friday, May 21, 2010

261.4.. What A Week!

After stepping on the scale last Friday shortly after returning from my business trip, I was extremely disappointed to see 269.4!  I hoped I could look back on that trip in a few months as a mere blip on the radar screen.  I could have never imagined that it could feel that way after only one amazing week.  I will no longer hang on to the disappointment from last week after losing 8 pounds since... though I may still try to hang on to the anger that drove me this week.  I continue to be amazed that I am still putting up these numbers a couple of months in.  In fact, this is probably my best week to date.  I am so encouraged that I am now hoping to get to my original goal for June 1 rather than my revised goal.  Graduation parties be damned!

After a couple of weeks with conflicts, we were able to make it back to the club for yoga.  Sally always seems pleasantly surprised to see us and is about the best beginning instructor a person could have.  Have I told you that yoga kicks my ass?  Well, it does.  And, it did once again.  We did switch the order of things and did our workout first. Good thing too. Because when I left the yoga class, I felt like a limp rag and struggled just walking around Lowe's!  But, it was a little better and I plan to start practicing some of the poses at home between classes.  At the very least, I will practice Downward Facing Dog because I am tired of not being able to stay in that pose the entire time.  A new challenge to drive me... just what I needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment