Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Random Thoughts

Just some miscellaneous wanderings of my mind...

-  I really enjoy getting on the treadmill each night and entering my weight.  It is one more reminder of my success.  And, it takes a lot less time to push those buttons up to 259 than it is to get them to 300.  Of course, the downside of this is that my calories burned decrease as well.  So, last night I started upping the elevation to try to make up for it.  Tonight I was back over the 2 to 1 ratio of calories to distance.

-  I felt great on the treadmill tonight.  The last two nights have been as good as I have ever felt over consecutive nights.  We were running late to the club because I got home a little late from work.  So, when I got off the treadmill I had to do some speed training on the weights.  I don't believe I ever caught my breath from the time I stopped the treadmill.   Nice!

-  This morning, my buddy Dave pointed out to me that I had fibbed on my blog last night.  While I had resisted the pizza at yesterday's training class, he pointed out that I did have a couple of chicken wings.  Well, he's accurate.  I did eat two chicken wings...  the skinny part mind you, not the drummettes.  Yes, I made the decision that the chicken wings weren't relevant to my story about not eating any pizza... even though I love wings just as much.  But, in the interest of full disclosure, I should probably tell that part of the story as well.  Yeah, it probably lessens my moral victory slightly... I wasn't perfect.  But, my weight loss this morning made that moral victory feel even more rewarding.  Okay, I feel better.  I still feel proud of my willpower despite the oversight.

-  Tonight my son turned me on to my new weight-lifting song, "Lose My Mind" by Young Buck.  For those with sensitive sensibilities, I recommend not searching for it.  But, that's one hell of a motivational song!  I wonder if they have a PG version for me?!

-  I love lightning!  Always have.  Tonight was awesome cranking away on the treadmill while watching the sky light up with bursts of energy.  The combination gave me chills!

-  Last night was 63 straight days in the club.  That's nine straight weeks for those of you who have Leana's math skills!  lol.

-  I think my Kohl's reference went over like a lead balloon this weekend.  Let me explain.  If you read the original post of this blog, then you know that this journey and this blog began the night I was with my son shopping for clothes at Kohl's.  Kohl's does not sell anything over size 2X...  so they did not sell to me that night.  This weekend, I bought a couple of shirts at Kohl's and was so excited to return there for the first time since that night.  It was definitely a bit of redemption.  I wanted to buy a whole rack of different colored polos but opted to settle for one.  No point in spending too much money on clothes right now.  Soon, that XXL will no longer fit me either.  I thought my drive-by posting would be funny and a lot of you would get the reference.  Judging by the single response that I got from my boss, I guess not.  Oh well...

-  Despite being on that last belt loop, my pants started slipping off my waist again today at work.  So, tonight I begin carving hole #7.  Yes, I found two belts in the closet that fit me.  But, for now, I can't stomach switching belts and giving up on my old friend. 

-  I am excited about the upcoming visit from my Mom and my sister, Rita.  I am excited to see them.  And, I am excited for them to see me.  I have less than two weeks until that visit and I would love to get under 250 before they get here.  Not sure if I can get there.  But, I firmly believe I will be within shouting distance.

-  Tonight a friend posted on Facebook that I should have been on The Biggest Loser and that I could have won.  Let me just say that the recent contestants have been so overweight that I am glad that I would likely not even be heavy enough to participate.  But, I also have to secretly admit that I often pretend I am a contestant and that Bob and Jillian are barking out orders at me when I am on the treadmill.  I keep thinking if Michael can work out that hard at 500+ pounds, I can surely do it at half that weight!  Tonight, Bob and Jillian were especially hard on me.

Thank you for sharing this stroll through the inner workings of my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Kohl's drives me crazy. I'm a size 14 right now (and not proud of it) and finding "nice stuff" that isn't jeans with elastic up to my armpits and tops that aren't loose and flowery in that store is a mission. They're sizing is also on the smaller size and that just irritates me further. Another clothing peeve? Low rise jeans for bigger girls!!! Like... that's just insane!!! Anyway, now I'm just ranting. Your weight loss is indeed a great thing. I have my moments when Jillian is pushing me to make the distance!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know shame on me! I did see that Kohl's post , original and the other day but was in such a hurry I didn't tell you Congrats!!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete