Tuesday, May 25, 2010

No Pizza For Me, But Thanks!

Some of you may remember back to the last time we did an Excel training session at the office and I could not control my urge to have some Manahattan's pizza that had been provided for the class.  That night, I was irritated at myself and couldn't wait until the next training session so that I could prove that it was the last time.  Well, today was that day.  My first test of a promise I made two months ago.  Once again, the lunch was pizza.  And, while Little Caesar's is not quite as tempting as Manhattan's, pizza is pizza.  I brought my chicken with me to the class to make it a little easier to resist the pizza.  The pizza still looked good.  I managed to take my seat without grabbing any.  It still looked good when my co-worker next to me grabbed a couple of slices in the middle of the class.  But, I stayed seated.  It even looked appetizing when I carried the remainder of the cold pizza upstairs to the kitchen for the rest of the office to enjoy.  But, I looked one more time and then left the kitchen... with my leftover green beans in hand for my afternoon snack!  So, thank you Jim for hosting another great training class.  Thank you Loaf 'N Jug for providing the lunch... even if I didn't have any.  Thank you Anthony for just saying no.  I have passed one of my tests.  Oh, and Jim, can a brother get a salad once in awhile?

This is similar to the feeling I now have after my last business trip.  I can't wait to travel again so I can prove that I can do well on the road.  Hopefully, that day will come soon.  I went through the same emotion at the graduation party we attended on Saturday after not doing as well as I had planned.  The great thing was that I got the chance the very next day to prove that I could overcome that challenge and did. 

Tonight, while I watched the first half of the Biggest Loser finale, I realized the reality contest that I was bested suited for... The Biggest Crybaby!  I don't watch this show religiously like my wife and I will explain that on another night.  But, I love the finale.  I love seeing the transformations and the stories are always so positive and so touching.  Obviously it means even more to me right now.  Not sure if is my age or having a common battle, but I cried at just about every story that they showed for each contestant.  By the time I left for the club I was a wreck.  Two of the contestants even found each other.  Can you imagine losing 40-50% of your body, extending your life, changing your health, and at the same time falling in love?!  How incredible.  I hope they have a full life of telling stories about how they met to their little healthy children.

I walked 4 miles exactly tonight!  As far as I remember, that marks the first time I have done 4-plus miles twice within a four day span.  I would like to think it was purely because I was feeling pretty good tonight despite not feeling great when I got home.  But, I imagine that part of the equation has at least some component related to my weight-gain this morning.  Worried about tomorrow as well because this was my second straight day of too much sodium.  I guess I will know shortly.  Here's to all of the Biggest Loser contestants who have completely changed thier lives...  good on ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment