Saturday, May 1, 2010

First Official Check-In and Status Update

At the end of of March, I set monthly goals through the end of 2010.  Today was the my first official weigh-in against those goals.  Below is a quick status update...
  • On March 30, I weighed 291.0 pounds.  My May 1 goal was 270 pounds.  I missed that goal.  This morning I weighed 273.0.  So, I missed by 3 pounds and lost 18.  A little disappointed, but how can I be unhappy with 18 pounds?!
  • My June 1 goal was 255.  I will add the 3 pounds to it and make my new goal 258.  I will adjust my remaining goals accordingly as well.  So, they now are June 1 - 258, July 1 - 248, August 1 - 238, August 16 (my birthday) - 233, September 1 - 228, October 1 - 219, November 1 - 211, December 1 - 204, New Year's Day 2011 - 198.  How cool would it be to wake up on January 1 and be under 200 pounds for the first time!
  • I have lost exactly 40 pounds since the middle of January.  I have lost 29.6 pounds since the start of this blog.  Thanks to all of you who have followed along and been so incredibly supportive. 
  • My first night on the treadmill I walked 1.71 miles.  Today, I set my new high with 4.32 miles and I have been between 3.45 to 3.70 miles every day this week.
  • My previous high was 4.20 miles almost two weeks ago.  On that day, I was mad at myself and I pushed through some pain in my shins and ankles.  Today, I no longer have any pain on the treadmill.  I almost have to make myself stop walking.
  • I have been to the club 39 straight days!
  • I had a couple of bad days in April.  But, I also faced Tubby's Diner and Golden Corral and won. 
  • I lost .5625 pounds per day in April.  My goal weight for June 1 would require me to lose .4839 pounds per day.  Piece of cake...  right?!
Overall, I am happy with my progress.  I give myself an A- for April. 

1 comment:

  1. Very good Tony! Keep it up! I am going to get serious now, I have until Next May to shed the weight....But not only for the wedding but for my health...and let me say this....YOU have inspired me....When I read your blog I am realizing I really need to do this too....so THANK YOU for helping me! :0)

    ReplyDelete