Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Eight Weeks!

I realized while walking on the treadmill tonight that I had been in the club or an exercise room 56 straight days!  Not sure that even in my younger days I ever exercised for 56 straight days.  As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything I have ever done in my life that I have done for 56 straight days!  lol.  While I have made a lot of changes in my life, this is the one that I am most proud of and, unlike eating, have yet to fail at.  I think it is gratifying to know that I am finally taking the time out of my busy schedule and devoting it to my well-being after ignoring myself for so many years. 

Each of those days have included 45 to 60 minutes on the treadmill.  All but a couple of those days have included weight training, the only exceptions being the days where the club was closing and I only had enough time to get my cardio workout in.  And several of those days have included some other form of exercise.  Up until a week or so ago, I told myself that I should probaby take a day off to rest my body.  But, I no longer feel like I need that day off, at least not from the treadmill and at least not at this point in my journey.  I have decided to take one day off a week from weight lifting and I think that has already helped with my recovery. 

I don't necessarily think that missing a day in the club would be catastrophic.  But, unless there is a reason beyond my control, I see no reason to make the choice not to go.  I really can't fathom skipping it just because I feel a little tired.  On those nights that I do feel tired, I usually end  up coming home from the club with renewed energy.  And, that streak motivates me too.  For somebody seeking motivation in any possible form, this is just one more thing that has helped me on this journey.  Yes, I am obsessive enough to turn that streak in to some crazy number just to say I did.  There are a lot of things that drive me and proving to myself that I can do things that I never did before is one of them.  Here's to adding to my streak and hoping that all of you can find a streak of your own...

No comments:

Post a Comment