Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Three Day Challenge

As I sit in my hotel room at the Holiday Inn in Casper, Wyoming, I am readying myself mentally for the three day challenge that awaits me.  It is always tough to travel and be good at both eating and exercising. 

The hotel has an exercise room and I am hoping that the newness of the hotel is a good sign that the exercise equipment will still be functional... unlike a lot of the hotels I have stayed at in the past.  Made it to the club this morning and will be back in town early enough on Wednesday to make the club late that night.  That leaves two days that the Holiday Inn has to play surrogate for the Pueblo Athletic Club.  I will miss you PAC.  I arrived too late to actually get a chance to peak in to the exercise room.  So, I anxiously wonder if it will have a treadmill and some weight machines.  If not, I will figure out other ways to get a similar amount of activity in over the next two evenings.

Eating at restaurants poses a more difficult challenge.  I have found that the easiest way to eat well is to prepare in advance.  My drawers at work are filled with canned vegetables, oatmeal, Fiber One bars, beans, green tea, etc.  I plan my meals for the week in advance and make sure I bring everything I will need to get me through the week.  This trip is no different.   I have a cooler of oranges and yogurt.  I have a case of water.  I have every intention of eating good at whatever restaurant I end up at. 

The hardest part of this trip will be not having the scale with me to encourage me when I am doing good and smack me upside my head when I am not.  To keep my per day pace for May, I need to lose 2 pounds by Thursday morning.  I think I will go a little crazy waiting for that Thursday morning weigh-in.  Wish me luck.  Here's to picking off diificult challenges one at a time and knowing that I am in control...

No comments:

Post a Comment