Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Success Stories

I talked previously about my motivational tools and surrounding myself with constant reminders.  One of these things is a collection of about 30 success stories from Men's Health magazine.  These were stories about men who had made incredible changes to their weights and bodies, and most likely their lives.  Some of them were so amazing that it was difficult to see the "before" person in the "after" picture.  A lot of the "after" photos looked like they were pictures of the "before" person's son!  When I had my subscription several years ago, I looked forward to this part of the magazine the most, which was usually towards the back.  I ripped out these pages and saved them for motivation.  I wanted so badly to be one of these guys.  I wanted so badly to send in my story and then one day flip to the back of a Men's Health magazine to see my face.  Come to think of it, I still would love to see that!  Eventually, I cut the "before" and after "pictures" out and consolidated them on some pages of paper to always keep on me.  I found them recently and am just as amazed now as I was back then. 

As I was perusing these stories again, one of these pictures stood out for me.  This young man, Adam Hornyak, not only lost weight, but he looked incredibly fit and he was wearing an Under Armour compression tee... the kind of shirt that I have wanted to be able to wear for many years.  Here's a look at Adam's success...


Even with my recent success and my firm belief that I am going to be under 200 by the end of the year, I can hardly imagine myself ever being fit enough to get in to an Under Armour or Nike compression tee.  But, even with that hint of doubt, I am going to make it a goal anyway.  I believe that if this day ever came, and I could wear one of these tees and look good in it, that I might actually shed some tears.  I guess we will see when it happens!  Here's to one day reading about Anthony Marinucci in a success story at the back of a fitness magazine... with the numbers "313" and "190" in the caption...

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to let us know when it hits the newstands, I'll be the first to buy it. You are a great Motivator!!

    Judi

    ReplyDelete