Friday, May 21, 2010

Not Enough Drama On This Blog!

When I started this blog a little over two months ago, I fully expected to have plenty of highs and lows on this journey and I wasn't wrong.  [Are you sick of me using the word journey?  Where is that darn thesaurus when you need it?]  I have had many nights where I did not want to blog because I felt guilty or embarassed about what I had eaten that day.  That was the whole purpose of this blog... to make me accountable.  At the beginning, those days would have likely occured far more frequently had this blog not been preventing me from steering off course on plenty of occasions.  I wanted to put my story out there because I knew it would help motivate me, help remind me, and help keep me in line. 

At the same time, I heard from lots of people that they enjoyed reading the blog because they shared similar experiences and many of the same emotions.  I know anyone struggling to lose weight goes through the same emotional roller coaster.  But, I was somewhat surprised by all of the people who enjoyed reading these stories and were nodding their heads in agreement because they could relate so well to every sad story I was reliving.  They felt a bond with me.  They felt connected to the blog.  I was telling their story. 

But, as my resolve continues to grow.  As my cravings continue to decline.  As my habits become more ingrained in my psyche.  As my streak of days at the club continues to roll on.  As I keep creating new belt loops or buying new belts.  As my bad days become further apart.  As those same bad days become simply okay days.  As all of this slowly becomes my lifestyle and the end result becomes just a matter of time.  I feel that many of you may drop off and this blog may become less interesting.  I think this story might be more interesting if there were more bad moments, more sad stories, more roadblocks. 

I feel so mentally strong about the changes that I have made that I do not foresee this happening.  I expected to struggle a lot more than I have.  I didn't expect these changes to take hold this relatively easy.  I may have expected the exercise part of the equation to be permanent.  But, I thought I would battle food demons a lot longer.  I am not trying to imply that I have no more food addictions.  I am not saying that I will never have another bad meal.  I am just saying that I felt sure that I would have to get on this blog and admit my failures far more than I have to date.  The way I feel right now, I really don't expect to be posting many more mistakes in judgement. 

I hope you continue to follow along despite a lack of drama.  I hope that just reading about my successes, listening to my excitement, and looking at that ticker continue to tick up slowly towards my goal is enough.  I hope that you can share in the exuberance and know that everyone who has commented to me and been supportive  of me is an integral part of that success.  I promise to throw in more painful memories as I am reminded of them throughout the rest of the year.  I even have a list to remind myself that sharing those stories is part of this and just because they are getting less painful with each passing day does not mean that it does not help me to share... and hopefully, help others as well.  Here's to the day that this blog becomes completely uninteresting because reading about my fluctuation from 195.4 to 195.2 is just not that exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment