Friday, April 2, 2010

When No Really Means No

One of my goals is to eventually get to the point where it is no longer difficult to say no.  I mean really saying no.  Not the no-but-I-really-want-to-say-yes-because-that-pizza-sounds-wonderful-why-are-you-tempting-me-this-way kind of no.  Not the kind of no that is followed by a sigh and slight bit of drool from my mouth over the food that I have just been offered and turned down.  Not the kind of no that feels like I am making the biggest sacrifice in the world.  But, a simple no, and a thank you.  Not that I expect this no to actually mean that I no longer desire some of these foods.  I just want to say it with conviction.  I want my body to be so tuned in to how it's affected by these foods that I no longer am actually tempted.  An easy no.

Tonight I had one of those moments.  When I got home from work, my son asked me if I wanted Taco Bell.  I said no.  Not because I knew I shouldn't.  But, because I actually didn't want Taco Bell.  Okay, it's a small victory.  I do like Taco Bell.  But, it doesn't usually agree with my stomach.  So, I don't eat a lot of it anymore anyways.  A small victory, yes.  But, at this point, I am taking any victory I can find.  And, yeah, I probably just ruined any chance of being a Taco Bell spokesman with this statement.  That's okay for two reasons.  Despite the recent light menu commercials aired by Taco Bell, I still can't quite get it in my head that they have become a healhty alternative.  And, as I mentioned before, I still am hoping to become the spokesperson for The Earl of Sandwich!

Despite my grumpy behaviour at only losing .2 pounds, I still managed to have a great day eating and working out.  Another 3.22 miles and 685 calories.  Skipped the mayo on my sandwich today... another baby step in my journey.  Here's to just saying no and actually meaning it...

No comments:

Post a Comment