Friday, April 16, 2010

An Unexpected Byproduct

Yesterday, a fellow myfitnesspal.com member left me a really nice comment on this blog.  This is what Judi from Wisconsin had to say...

I love reading your blog. Keep up the good work! I am on a weight journey myself and find your blogs inspiring. Really enjoyed your blog about yoga. Shared it with a friend who is an instructor. She shared it with her class. Hope you don't mind. I am also using the site myfitnesspal.com. Keep writing....


That comment made my day for a couple of reasons.  First, it was pretty cool thinking that a yoga class in Wisconsin was hearing the story of my first yoga class!  Nice.  I hope everyone in that class had as much fun hearing it as I did writing my account of that night.  That thought made me smile for the rest of the day. 
 
Secondly, it's a great feeling hearing that you may actually be inspiring someone.  My sole reason for creating this blog was accountability to family and friends.  A mental parole officer who was going to have me check in daily and and monitor my progress.  I did this for me.  While I never expected to actually provide any inspiration to others, it is an incredible feeling to hear that!  Almost inspiring in itself.  If you think I felt a lot of pressure to stay on track before, just think about the added pressure of trying to stay on the right path for those people who may be reading this for inspiration!  Talk about accountability!
 
I am not naive enough to think that this blog will change hundreds of lives.  But, if Judi alone was inspired enough to win her battle, to make better choices, and live a healthier life, I would be ecstatic.  Keep reading Judi because your comment inspired me equally as much as this blog did you.  Thanks to everyone else who has said similar comments to me in person and on Facebook.  As I said, hopefully at least one of those people using this as inspiration will be successful!  That's great motivation when I am struggling on the treadmill.  Great motivation when I am making choices about what I am going to eat.  Heres to successful journies for Judi and countless others...

No comments:

Post a Comment