Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Best .4 Pounds I Have Ever Gained

I have said this here before, but one of the most irritating things about a couple of the days where I have made poor decisions is that I didn't even waste a bad moment on one of my favorite meals.  The holy trinity of temptations for me has been pizza, chicken wings, and Mexican food... specifically Mi Ranchito's.  I have also repeatedly talked about saying no to Mi Ranchito's on a couple of occasions already.  One of the tips my brother gave me is to plan these exceptions and to use them on things you really love.  For him, it is movie popcorn. I could add movie popcorn to my list of favorites as well... along with a Pagano's Super, a Musso's Fuhgeddaboutit, the lunch buffet at Tea Palace, a slopper at The Sunset, CiCi's pizza, Red Robin burgers and fries, P.F. Chang's, On The Border, The Brewery Bar... well, you get the point.  But, for some reason the first three things have been the three I have thought about the most often.

Yesterday, I woke up early to take some photographs of The March of Dimes Walk down at the Riverwalk.  After that, I had to leave to cover the 2010 John Neumann Panther Run, a combo walk/run fundraiser.  It was a breezy and overcast morning, but I had a ton of fun covering two very positive events that both included a lot of people walking or running!  Tons of positive energy at both events.  When I got home about four and a half hours later, I saw a U-Haul truck next door and realized our new neighbors were moving in.  So, I asked if they needed any help and they took me up on my offer... much to my chagrin.  lol.  About 30 minutes later, my two new neighbors, their two friends, and I had unloaded a large truck as fast as I had ever seen it done.  I was sweating, tired and my knee hurt.  So, I changed my clothes, grabbed my iPod, and headed for the athletic club that I was longing all morning for.  By the time I got home, my knee was hurting me even more.  So, I took a shower, got ready, and Lori and I went shopping.  We also intended to go to Giacomo's when we were done.  As we were leaving Lowe's, I mentioned that a margarita sounded really good.  Lori agreed and added that chips and salsa with that margarita sounded better than Giacomo's at that very moment.  So, we finally ended up at Mi Ranchito's!

We weren't let down.  I truly believe that Mi Ranchito's has the best margaritas around.  A perfect blend with a nice amount of tequila.  I consider myself a little bit of a connoiseur and I love margaritas.    Not sure if it's because we have been abstaining, but Lori and I were both feeling pretty good after splitting three margaritas.  Not sure I know of too many other places that have a mararita that can make me feel that way after only one!  Of course, the fact that I was close to a coma and utterly exhausted might have helped.  The chips and salsa were perfect and, while I would have liked my favorite Pork and Avocado Burritos, they really hit the spot and I again left a restaurant not feeling sick like I used to.  Yeah, Lori and I probably could have had one less basket of chips.  We could have skipped that extra margarita.  But, we still did pretty good and I was content that I was wasting calories on a couple of things I thoroughly enjoy!

I knew this morning would not be a good morning.  I was fully expecting a pound plus and told myself, even convinced myself, that I would not be upset.  So, I was even more content knowing I had such a fun night and only gained .4 pounds back.  So, 276.0, even.  I really would have been okay with even more.  But, .4 put a smile on my face.  We have a tentative plan to have a bad evening once a month.  Given the holy trinity above and wanting to spread the love around, it might be another three months before we return.  I look forward to that day.  Thanks Mi Ranchito for living up to expectations and making for a fun evening.  Love the food, love the salsa, love the hot salsa, love the wait staff and the service, and really love those margaritas!

When I was sitting on the couch last night, my body ached from a long day of photography, exercising, moving, and shopping.  At that moment, I thought that today might be a good day to take a break and let my body recuperate.  I was seriously considering ending my streak because my body was telling me it was time.  But, when I woke up this morning, I felt great.  Slept much better than the Mi Ranchito nights in the past.  My body felt great.  My knee felt great.  So, back to the club I went for a nice 3.53 mile stroll and some work on these flabby arms.  Here's to planned exceptions with no regrets...

No comments:

Post a Comment