Saturday, April 17, 2010

I'll Take It... 279.8!

Under 280 for the first time in probably 18 to 24 months!  Just barely under that 280 barrier.  So, I need to have a good weigh-in tomorrow because it's a little quirk of mine that I don't want to go back over these barriers once I have broken them.  This weight was not good enough to keep me on pace for 270 by the end of April.  I now sit .6 pounds behind this Saturday's goal weight.  But, given how I started this week with my trip down obesity lane last weekend and the subsequent 2.6 pounds I gained last Sunday, it's encouraging.  Over the last six days since, I lost another 4.8 pounds.  Two more weeks just like that would put me almost right at 270.

After tweaking my ankle on Wednesday night, I have struggled through some pain over the last two nights.  Add to that the normal struggle I have on my Saturday morning workout after working late on Fridays and I was expecting to have a hard go of it this morning.  Giving in to a moment of OCD, I downloaded Adam Lambert's song "Whataya Want From Me" to my iPod with the intent of listening to it repeatedly until I knew the words or was worn out!  Well, it took me about 10 listenings to have all of the words, screams and grunts down.  I love that song!  But, I was feeling great.  After the twelfth time, my 45 minutes were up but I was feeling so good that I kept going.  I looked at my distance and knew I wanted to get to 4 miles.  So, in another OCD moment, I got in a zone and just kept going, determined to set a new distance mark.  At just under 57 minutes, I got to the 4 mile mark for the first time since I started this journey.  By the time my two minute cool down was over, I had travelled 4.18 miles.  The ankle didn't bother me at all.  I was dripping with sweat... and I love that feeling.  I love sweating so much that it starts dripping off my forearms and pooling on the sides of the treadmill.  I still felt great while lifting and came home on a high!  Here's to sweat dripping off of your forearms...

No comments:

Post a Comment