Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm Proud Of You Lori!

Overshadowed by this blog about Anthony's road to health has been my wife Lori's equally as impressive path.  At every yoga class, Lori has been right there next to me.  Other than an occasional rest day to recuperate, she has been next to me on the treadmill.  And, even more impressive, she has not missed a beat with the weight machines and does a daily situp routine.  This morning, Lori weighed in at 199.2!  She has lost 35 pounds since mid-November of 2009.  This morning was the morning we have been waiting for like a newborn baby.  This morning was the morning that we expected Lori to drop below 200 pounds for the first time since... well, neither of us can recall it's been so long.  I can't tell you how proud I am of her.  This journey is way more satisfying with her along for the ride than it would be going solo.  She looks great and her success has motivated me even further.  I love looking over at her when we are working out and thinking about all of the additional years that we are adding to our lives together.  I love looking at her and thinking of the two of us being as thin as we were when we first met.  I look forward to growing old with her... gracefully and healthily, even if our kids will probably still be living with us.  I love you so incredibly much Lori Ann and I am extremely proud of everything you have accomplished. 

While I like to think of the number of days in a row that I have been in the club, that Las Vegas trip keeps getting in the way of me talking about my streak.  I like streaks, always have.  So, I will stop worrying about the six days in a row I did before I left and concentrate on the streak since.  Tonight was my 30th straight day in the athletic club since I got back from that vacation!  The last two nights have been the first two since I started where at least one of my feet, ankles, shins or knees did not hurt even a little at some time during my workout.  I think they are thanking me for the 35 pounds that they no longer have to carry.  That streak is even more important than the days in the club.  I love working out, always have.  Each night I leave the club on a incredible high.  I can't wait for Day 31.

Here's to joining my wife under the 200 pound barrier in the not so distant future...

No comments:

Post a Comment