Friday, April 9, 2010

A Bittersweet Night... 284.6

The original title to last night's post was going to be "An Evening With 'Melo, Kobe, and my boy".  I was taking my son to see his hero.  And, "hero" may be understating my son's infatuation with Kobe Bryant.  Thanks to Jeff Krams, Christy Stickley, and Anheuser Busch, I was thrilled to surprise him with tickets to last night's Nuggets vs. Lakers game.  But, alas, there were two issues with that blog post. 

The first being that I couldn't get my iPhone to cooperate with my blog host and it just wouldn't let me complete the blog while driving to Denver.  By the time I got home at 1:40 A.M., I no longer had the energy to blog.  The second issue is that somebody from that title was noticeably missing.  Kobe Bryant didn't even play!  As a matter of fact, Kobe did not even make the trip.  We both expected that his minutes might be limited because the Lakers didn't need the win.  But, I don't think either of us could have imagined him staying home in L.A.!

In the end, we got over our disappointment... and only a few tears were shed.  We had a great time and enjoyed the game and the ride back and forth.  Always nice sharing quality time with your kiddos.

Unfortunately, the bitterness does not just end with Kobe.  I gained 1.2 pounds this morning.  I again find myself disappointed in my willpower but remain undaunted.  Niko apologized that he was with me for the last two times that I have strayed.  Not his fault, but their is some irony that the fittest person in my world is now sabotaging my efforts.  lol.  Of course, I kid.  This is absolutely nobody's fault but my own.  As I was verbalizing my irritation at myself on the way home, he tried to help by saying it was hard being in a suite with free drinks and not having the best food choices available.  I agreed outwardly.  But, internally, I knew better.  That's bullshit!  A complete and total copout for me to believe.  Those are the things you say to yourself when you are justifying bad behavior.  Those kind of beliefs lead to 1.2 pounds gained and eventually back to 300 pounds.  I could have easily had water instead of three Bud Lights.  Despite that overwhelming feeling of obligation that you get sitting in the Anheuser Busch suite, there really is no rule that you must partake in the Budweiser products that they have made available!  And, I didn't need to eat the deluxe nachos that we bought or the kettle chips and cashews that were provided in the suite.  I could have skipped the snacks.  I could have found something a little bit better for me than the deluxe nachos!  Heck, even a hot dog would have been fewer calories. I screwed up.  No excuses.  No justification.  I was weak.  Shame on me.

And, I paid for it immediately... as it should be.  My only good news on this morning is that I did not go back above my last barrier of 285.  Really trying to make sure I do not ever cross back over these barriers once I have broke them.  Today will be a good day.  My only issue will be fighting the urge to starve myself.  As of yesterday, I was .4 pounds below Saturday's goal weight.  Now I am .8 behind with a day to go.  I went from being ahead of pace to likely missing this week.  Here's to never allowing yourself to justify bad behavior...

No comments:

Post a Comment