Thursday, April 15, 2010

Knock On Wood

I knew this day was going to happen and I would have laid odds that today was going to be the day.  I jinxed myself... and I forgot to knock on wood.  Twice yesterday, I had a conversation and pointed out that I had yet to gain weight on the days I had worked out and eaten less than my calorie goal.  In my last 30 weigh-ins, I had gained weight only 7 times.  On every single one of those occasions I knew exactly what I had done the day before to make that happen.  While I knew that my body would have small ups and downs on it's slow march to a better place, I had yet to experience that.  Well, that streak is over.  I burned 680 calories last night.  I ate a few more calories than I had been eating, though still under my goal.  And yet, I woke up this morning .6 pounds heavier.  I am definitely more in tune with my body now and I could feel it this morning.  My salt intake was way too high yesterday.  I used the sauce for the chicken lettuce wraps at lunch and again in the evening.  That hot mustard, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste, sesame oil mix is a brutal high-sodium combo, but oh so tasty.  So, I think it's water retention and I will modify my salt today accordingly to see if I can remedy this.  I am not upset this morning like I have been the last few times I have gained.  Those were definitely my fault.  While I have some culpability for the salt I consumed, I am not fully blaming myself and will expect a big drop tomorrow morning... talk about the eternal optimist!  I knew I should have knocked on wood...

No comments:

Post a Comment