Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Numb3rs

My day by the numbers...

4.2 - Pounds gained this morning.  The number that started my day.

256.0 - My new weight.

0 - Number of laps I swam this morning after waking up with aching knees from too much salt last night.

6.0 - Pounds away from my next major barrier...  the one that I wanted to pass by Saturday.

4.0 - Pounds I need to lose by Saturday to stay on my June pace. 

4 - Days I have left until my next official weigh-in.

71 - Minutes that I walked on the treadmill tonight.  After this morning, I could not wait until tonight and my date with the treadmill and the chance to start working off those ugly numbers that started this day.

5.00 - Miles I walked on the treadmill...  a new high for me. 

1,010 - Calories I burned while walking on the treadmill.

4 - Reps I did of each weight machine... compared to my usual 3.

0 - The number of female family members at the house with Lori, Kelsea, Rita and my Mom at Bunko.  And, thus, the reason that it was easier to spend the night at the club!

1 - The number of male family members at the house.  But, he was so busy watching his boyfriend Kobe play that I can not say for sure whether or not my son actually knew that I had left the house.

2 - Spoonfuls of green chile that I had for dinner.  I love Lori's green chile and had I not seen 256.0 on the scale this morning, I may have had 2 bowls.

1 - Number of Loaf 'N Jug luaus skipped when I went to the club rather than joining my co-workers and vendors for a fun dinner before our annual golf tournament fundraiser tomorrow.  While I usually look forward to this dinner and planned to go, I could not mentally cope with more temptations of drinks and food and I thought I would save our vendors the discomfort of hanging out with moody Anthony. 

7 - Number of co-workers who had not seen me in some time and commented on my new look and weight loss today.

1 - Number of co-workers who asked me if I had the lap band procedure!  Thanks for believing that I could actually do this with willpower and changing my habits.

77/11 - Days/weeks straight that I have been in the gym.

1 - Number of people who said that I was their "hero" today.  After this morning, I actually felt guilty hearing this.  But, it was a nice thing to say and it made me feel good.

57.0 - Pounds lost.  I just wanted to put that in as a reminder in case I forget my accomplishments while wallowing in my self-disgust.

1 - Number of days straight that Vicky promised me she would be on the treadmill starting tonight.  Well, Vicky?  I only expect 99 straight more.

23 - Number of days that I need in the gym to hit 100 straight!  Oh... and also my idol Michael Jordan's number...  every blog should have one obligatory Michael Jordan reference.  Maybe he will reward my perseverance with a personal meeting or autographed basketball.  lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment