Thursday, June 3, 2010

LIVESTRONG

Years and years ago, shortly after they were introduced, I was one of the many who purchased a yellow LIVESTRONG bracelet to support Lance Armstrong's cause.  As a former semi-serious cyclist, a huge fan of Lance Armstrong, inspired by his battle, and a fan of yellow, I couldn't wait to wear my LIVESTRONG bracelet proudly.  But, sadly, despite my desire, I was not truly living strongly and the bracelet did not fit my fat wrist.  Had there been another fundraiser called LIVEPOOR selling extra large wristbands, I would have been in serious business. 

I guess I was not as inspired by Lance as I thought I was because I have never worn that bracelet... until this weekend.  I came across that bracelet and a few others I have collected over the years... yeah, I am a couple of rubber-plastic wristbands away from being put on the television show "Hoarders".  And, finally, it fit!  I wore it to work today even though it clashed with my outfit.  I think I will keep wearing it because it serves as one more reminder.  One more visual cue.  You know me, I am all about reminders and visuals and I will take inspiration in any form I can find it. 

So, sorry Lance for taking so long to get with the program.  I promise that this bracelet will never be too tight again... save for the slim chance that I stick both of my hands and both of my wrists in to a hive of wasps and am bitten around my wrists until they swell up.  Here's to living strong... and avoiding hornets' nests...

No comments:

Post a Comment