Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not My Best Week

This week has not been my best week.  While I am still confident that I will reach my July 1 goal, I did nothing to help the cause this week.  While Monday night was a "planned" exception, I still found myself eating more than I had originally intended.  That lead to a week of small exceptions...  a couple of Krispy Kreme doughnut holes here, part of a piece of cake there, and a week-ending meal tonight that included chicken wings and Pepsi. 

I honestly... no really, honestly... plan on being okay with tomorrow's weigh-in.  Next week is a new week and I am going to forget about this last one.  Maybe I pushed back the day that I go under 200 by a week or so.  But, in the end, I truly believe that this day will come before the end of the year.  I imagine if I buckle down for the next 18 days that I will easily forget about this week.  So, that is my plan.  No exceptions for 18 straight days.  Two and a half weeks of pure discipline.  

When discussing these kinds of weeks, people inevitably bring up the word "plateau".  I don't believe I have hit a plateau.  If I had been as disciplined as I had been over the last month and still not lost any weight, then that word may have started to sneak in to my vernacular.  But, given the number of moments I had this week, it is way too premature to even entertain such a notion.  I think a plateau is when you are doing everything you can to lose weight and your body is simply not reacting.  That may happen to me in time.  I hope that day never comes until that scale reads 190-something.  Here's to new weeks and having short-term amnesia when it comes to the bad ones... 

What was I talking about again?

No comments:

Post a Comment