Saturday, June 5, 2010

253.6!

A nice one pound drop to end this week with the official Saturday weigh-in.  I will obviously not get to my mini-goal of 250 before my Mom arrives this evening.  It doesn't help that she is going to be here at least a day earlier than I expected.  It has felt like a bad week ever since my Memorial Day cookout.  But, when I looked at the numbers, I was pleasantly surprised. 

I lost 2.6 pounds since Monday...  of course the pound this morning helped the cause quite a bit.  That is 1.0 pound ahead of today's goal to hit my June target.  I averaged .65 per day, well over the .37 that I need to average in June.  On top of all those numbers, the last two nights we did not eat at the house.  On Thursday, we went to Giacamo's and last night we went to the Sangre De Cristo Arts and Conference Center Gala fundraiser.  Even more difficult than the usual struggle to eat well when I am out, was the fact that the SDCAC fundraiser included dinner provided by Rosario's... one of my favorites.  Lori and I have both been craving some bread, roasted garlic, and salad from Rosario's.  And, I enjoyed that bread and roasted garlic more than you can imagine.  The salad was excellent so I ate two of them.  Lori and I split her steak and I had some of the shrimp after scraping off as much of the cheese and sauce that I could manage while completely skipping the pasta (though it really did look pretty tasty).  Rounded it out with some steamed carrots and a small glass of wine.  Skipped the dessert.  When it was done, I walked away not feeling like I couldn't wait to untie my tie and loosen my top button of my shirt so I could breathe, which was very typical when attending previous dinners like these.  I ended up a little high on my calories.  But, it was still slightly under 1,500 calories for the day and I still lost a pound this morning and enjoyed one of my favorite things.  I ended up losing 1.4 pounds after two straight nights out!  And, the funny thing is that the thing I loved the most about both dinners was the salad with vinagerette and blue cheese crumbles. 

Next weekend, we have a graduation party that will be held at Rosario's.  I anxiously await another exception of bread and roasted garlic.  In fact, I think I may only eat salad,  bread, and roasted garlic the whole time I am there!  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment