Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Good Morning Pueblo!

As many of you know, I have been anxiously awaiting the opening of the outdoor pool at the athletic club.  Finally, it opened over the Memorial Day weekend.  This is a good thing for two reasons.

First, the treadmills that we use are lined up on the outside of the building on the second floor overlooking the pool.  The activity in that pool over the weekend was a great distraction from the exercise and really helped make the time fly by.  Between watching the kids play, watching people going down the big slide, watching the swimmers swimming laps, watching people constantly posturing in an effort to impress the opposite sex, watching the younger kids flirt, analyzing what body I would love to have when this journey is over, checking out the different swimsuit styles, and, oh yeah, maybe a little bit of checking out the women sunbathing, there is always something to keep my mind off of the task at hand. 

Second, I have been planning to get up in the morning to take a swim before I start my day.  Yesterday, I had an early meeting and the pool, much to my chagrin, does not open as early as the club does.  So, I planned to give it a go this morning...  though I wondered if I would be as eager when that alarm went off.  Surprisingly, I woke up five minutes before I planned to get up and was ready and anxious.  All I can say is that jumping in to a semi-warm pool on a moderately warm morning when you are only half awake is EXHILIRATING!  I am no Michael Phelps.  Not even close.  I am a below average swimmer even though I love the water.  I keep my head out of the water when I swim because I have never learned how to breathe and swim... though I plan to teach myself over the coming weeks.  I  still don't have a lot of kick in my right knee.  So, all in all, it is not a pretty sight.  But, I don't care.  I am up.  I am exercising.  I am breathing hard.  I am working hard.  I feel alive. 

Even more important, is that this swim was so exhiliarating that it has helped me get past  my weigh-in this morning.  This morning, I was the same weight as yesterday.  I feel one of my big two-day drops coming on.  But, I can't help but be a little bummed when I don't even see .2 pounds on that scale.  Good Morning Pueblo!  Can't wait until tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment