Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nike Commercial

First, let me start by saying I love my mornings in the pool.  As much as I hate mornings in general, it is rather surprising how much I have taken to getting up a little earlier each morning and waking myself up with a swim in the outdoor pool at the athletic club.  In just a couple of weeks, it has already become habit and something that I look forward to before work.  I was bummed when I realized I would be missing my swim tomorrow morning because I needed to prepare for a meeting in the morning. 

When I was swimming today, I kept thinking how completely peaceful it was in that pool.  How quiet it is in the morning before the hustle and bustle of most people's daily existence begins to take place.  I always feel fantastic when I get out of the water as if I have cleansed away all of the stress in my life and prepared myself for another day.  At that moment today, I thought of the faux Nike commercial from the movie "What Women Want".  I could picture the woman running down that street as she began or ended her day with a date with the road.  In case you haven't seen the scene, you can find it here on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_oaTDvW1tk&feature=related

Disregarding some of the narrative, that scene perfectly illustrates the feeling I get during and after my swim.  I can't believe how addictive this could be after only five days in the pool!  Like the commercial, the pool calls to me and lets me know it is there for me to let go of all of my stress and leave it there while I happily go about my day.  That pool is fine with our one-sided relationship and will always listen to me.  That pool is now my new best friend.  Here's to finding your own moments that remind you of a Nike commercial...

No comments:

Post a Comment