Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Fat Penguin Revisited


You may recall the "prom" picture that I posted from my company's annual banquet.  That was my "Fat Penguin" picture and part of my motivation for this blog that you currently read.  This past weekend, Lori and I went to a wedding reception and I decided to take a photo of the two of us to show all of you our progress over the last few months.  The picture on the left was taken on February 26, 2010.  The picture on the right was taken this weekend on June 19, 2010.  By the way, you can click on the pictures below to get a bigger view.





I still get upset to this day looking at the picture on the left.  If not for this blog and the fact that I have so few recent photos of Lori and I together, I might have burned it!  I like the one on the right far better.  I don't love it.  But, it is easier to look at when it is put next to the "Fat Penguin" photo.

I was planning to do a timeline of photos from the fat pics I found recently up through today.  But, I have decided to hold off.  My original intent was always to post that timeline when I finally got under or near 200 pounds.  But, I kept getting asked for photos in person and on Facebook that I finally thought I would just cave in and give the people what they were asking for.  Today, my brother sent me an e-mail telling me what I already knew and suggesting that I hold off on posting all of those pics.  I hope the photo above will suffice in the interim.  I hope that all of you can wait patiently for another few months when I promise to unveil my fat pics and a photo montage that chronologizes my journey and weight loss.  Here's to saying "so long" to the Fat Penguin...

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, I don't hate "fat penguin" pic like you do... it's still my awesome bud Ants & his darling, loveable wife. Two people that make the world a better place to be in... kind, caring, sharing, happy.

    But, I also know the pain that comes with that weight - frustrating, ill-fitting, ego-altering, happy-dampening fat.

    So... I'll wave goodbye to "fat penguin" with you because I know the pain that comes with that "suit", and applaud you (loudly) on your progress. You look leaner, you look lighter... and in both of your faces - wow, what a difference. Kudos, truly.

    Thanx for (continuing to be) inspiring, for sharing and for being you - always.

    I miss you guys! Miss our vomit-comet rides, airport waits, etc.
    Love & Hugs,
    Cindi-Mae-Penny-Jo-Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Congratulations! Pictures like these are a huge source of motivation for me. I can't wait until I can post pictures that show a real change. Seriously, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindi for all the kind words! I miss you as well! Love, Billy-Ray-Bobby-Joe (awww shucks, I can always remember your name, but never my own!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heather! I think your pics already show progress. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete