Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Found The Fat Pics!

While searching an external hard drive for some photos, I came across a directory titled "Fat Pics".  I have been looking for these pictures because I wanted to post them here.  One of the things I have regretted since I started losing weight is that I did not take any "Before" photos.  I kept planning to take them.  But, inevitably I just never got around to it.  Hopefully, that was because I was too busy exercising.  Even if I would have taken some photos at the start of this blog, they wouldn't have been representative of where I started in January.  By the time this blog rolled around, I was already about 10 pounds lighter.

I found two sets of pictures that I had taken within about six months of each other.  These pictures were taken about four years ago, right before I started the first of our weight-loss challenges at work.  I am probably close to my highest weight in both sets of photos.  That puts me at around 318.  And, it shows.  These pictures are almost apalling to me now.  It is almost hard to believe that I looked like that.  It is even hard to believe that I was willing to capture this ugly moment in my life.  Of course, I was taking them to motivate me.  And, of course, it never worked.

I was looking for these photos because I wanted to provide a visual timeline of my progress.  I have some photos at around 295.  I have some photos around 275.  And, I have some photos around 260.  Next week I will take some photos around 250.  That leaves me with the difficult decison of whether or not I can stomach (no pun intended) posting the photos of 315+ on this blog.  I believe that I should.  I believe that it would be beneficial for me and shocking to all of you.  All of you already know what I looked like.  All of you have read how much I weighed.  But, there is something slightly upsetting about letting all of you see me at my worst moment.  Seeing me fully clothed is not quite the same as seeing me only in a pair of shorts!  I still am not sure I can get over the embarassment of how I look in these pics... even if that's not me any longer.  I guess I will make a decision some time over the next week or so.  I will let you know.  Here's to time healing all wounds and helping us so easily forget ugly memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment