Thursday, February 20, 2014

Please, No More Chicago

Today, I found out I will be coming back to Chicago for three more weeks.  My love for Chicago is dwindling.  Next year, when I weigh somewhere south of 210 pounds, I will welcome a visit to Chicago.  I will welcome great meals at great restaurants while still working out hard and simply maintaining my weight.  But, right now, it does not fit in to my plans.

I will continue to eat good and exercise over those three weeks.  And, I will hopefully still lose weight.  But, my month end goals appear to be unattainable at the moment.  While this is slightly disappointing, I will not take it as hard as I would have four years ago.  I will simply use this as the ultimate test of my willpower, power through it, and then start anew on March 15 with revised goals.

Because right now it is no longer about whether I will I figure this out again.  It's simply about how long it will take.  I feel confident and mentally healthy again.  I already feel physically better.  Just maybe, I will come back and make up for lost time and get back on track to hit my original goals.  Just maybe, I won't even bother coming up with new ones.  I like that plan better.

Here's to spending the next three weeks finding other things to love in Chicago besides the restaurants...

No comments:

Post a Comment