Saturday, February 15, 2014

268.8! Stupid Expectations.

Expectations are a funny thing.  When I left for Chicago, my goal was to come back five days later and weigh exactly the same or be down slightly.  To me, that would be considered a victory.  If I missed, it would not only hurt, but likely put me back up to 270.  But, a funny thing happened over the last week.  My expectations changed.  I started feeling better about my decisions and gained confidence.  I secretly was hoping for a 1.8 pound loss and a number that had 267 in front of it.  So, when I stepped on the scale this morning, it was a weird sense of elation and pride mixed with faint disappointment.

I am down .8 since I weighed in last Sunday.  I beat Chicago!  I am thrilled to be down and will use this as momentum going in to my four day trip to Chicago on Monday.  Less days equals less temptation.  Let me repeat this if only to try to cement it in my thick stubborn skull, I am thrilled! 

I know why I didn't get that extra pound.  I had planned on a single exception and I had two... well maybe 1 and 3/4.  But, my meal Wednesday night was enough to keep me from losing that other pound and that is something I will correct next week.  I look forward to a good weekend and a pound or two more to put me further away from that 270 number.

Still shy of two weeks and I am down 9.6 pounds total and still ahead of pace... barely! 

I am thrilled.

Starting weight (this time): 278.4
Current weight: 268.8
Change from previous: (0.8)
Total: (9.6)
Total Days: 12
Ahead/(Behind) Pace: 0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment