Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Quick Thought...

Not a lot to say tonight.  I did, however, want to point out that this body and mind that has always hated mornings was up at 5:45 this morning and in the pool a few minutes later.  While I still don't love mornings, we have become civil acquaintances.  With my son's shoulder surgery in Colorado Springs this morning, I knew I would have to get up early to get my swim in.  As usual, I made rising and shining that much more difficult by going to bed at around 12:45.  But, as my arm reached out to hit the snooze button, I had a wiff of motiviation and I instead turned the alarm off and got out of bed. 

My swim started off slowly and tiredly.  But, eventually my body remembered what it was supposed to be doing.  And, by the time I started to walk the four steps out of the pool, I felt great and was thrilled that I had made that choice.  We won't discuss the little power nap I took late this afternoon after arriving home again!  Add to it a 4.5 mile walk on the treadmill and a great workout of my arms, and I remain somewhat hopeful that I did enough exercise to offset the birthday burger I had at Red Robin today.  I won't tell you how good it was.  I did maintain some control and only had a little more than half...  with four potatoes worth of french fries.  Here's to building relationships with the morning and begrudginly accepting my new friend in to my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment