Tuesday, August 24, 2010

223.4

Fantasy football draft.  Manhattan's Pizza.  Not much willpower.  A couple of slices of pizza.  A salad (which is what I was ONLY planning to eat before I got there).  A few chicken wings.  Need I say more?

Very disappointed in myself.  I really thought I would be a little stronger.  I am a weak human being.  I had good intentions.  Those seemed to vanish as the stress from setting up our first online and technical version of the draft started to increase.  Now I need to see if I have enough willpower and focus to buckle down for these last eight days and meet my September 1 goal of 219.8. 

The only positive thing this morning was a peaceful swim.  Because it was cool this morning, the pool was mine alone.  Quiet.  Cool.  Overcast.  And, then about halfway through, it began to sprinkle.  I love watching the rain hit the water and swimming in the rain is pretty cool... well, other than the part where you get out of the pool and your shirt and towel are already wet! 

The temperature today reminded me that Summer is coming to an end and it will be taking my outdoors swims along with it.  Unfortunately, there are only two indoor lanes at the club.  So, closing the outdoor pool drops the lanes from six to two!  I need to figure out the best time to swim indoors because I am not about to stop swimming after Labor Day!

That swim was almost good enough to make me forget that I have a serious issue when it comes to craving pizza.  Maybe that is one craving I will never be able to kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment