Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Test of My Fortitude

Well, after a decent Week One, Week Two begins with a an all-guys trip to Las Vegas to celebrate my son's 21st birthday.  One more chance to go to the club early tomorrow morning.  While in Vegas, my intent is to do a morning ritual around the steps and bridges from Bally's to The Flamingo to Caesar's Palace to Bellagio.  My other intent is to skip the buffets this time and limit the alcohol intake.  The good news is that I am usually pretty crazy on my own in Vegas and need little imbibing to have a great time!  I will let the kids be kids and remember my new favorite word... MODERATION.  I feel up for the challenge and plan to come back lighter than I am when I leave. 

Light night tonight at the club.  Up late last night and tired.  Tonight was the first night where I wasn't chomping at the bit to get to the club.  But, I forced myself to go 40 minutes, burning 460 calories and walking 2.33 miles.  At lunch, I got a 30 minute walk in at the Riverwalk with Lori today as well.  I have a feeling that the alarm will go off way too early... but, I am getting up anyway.  Off to pack.  I will try to write from LV...

2 comments:

  1. You're well on your way to a healthier, happier life. I'm excited for you. When I began the same journey, I didn't know how much better I'd feel until I began the process and realized what it could do for me. For some reason, before I lost my weight, I knew it wasn't good for me to be over-weight, nor was I happy with the person in the mirror, but I truly didn't see any other life, any other person. I miserably and with failure justified my actions. I wasn't able to fathom being "on the other side" of 'fat', until I was there. Now I know how much battle there is between the mind and body. The mind says, "it's okay to eat that piece of pizza or breakfast burrito", but the body screams "stop torturing me". You're doing a good thing. Don't allow stress or negative events, and it will happen, to hender the good you're giving to yourself and your family. Your race is not not won, but the but the rewards have begun. Harry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Harry! I have appreciated all of your support over the last few weeks. As someone who has gone through this and been successful, your words mean alot to me.

    ReplyDelete