Sunday, March 28, 2010

292.2!

Another day, another 1.2 pounds!  After taking my wife for our belated Valentine's Day dinner at Giacomo's last night, I was worried about the morning weigh-in.  But, I was proud of myself when I left Giacomo's.  I had the soup and salad, no bread, and then ate less than half of my meal.  I could have easily finished the rest and normally would have.  And, it was really good. But, I was already full.  Not the usual full where I barely feel like I can breathe when I walk out of the restaurant.  But a comfortable, satisfied feeling.  And I still had over half of my meal left for today's lunch...  plus a little bit since I didn't eat it all today either.  Now, those of you who don't have eating issues are probably not that impressed.  But, I have to tell you that these are huge victories for me and my psyche!  In six months, I want to be making the same decision without even thinking about it.  I want it to be a normal thing, not an exception.  Baby steps, baby steps.

My body was a little tired at the club this morning.  But, I still managed to walk 3.00 miles and burn 631 calories.  I have also been doing an additional 20 minutes afterwards on various leg and arm machines.  And, you know that fist pump that Tiger Woods does after sinking a huge putt to clinch a major?  Well, that was the same fist pump I did this morning when I saw my new weight.  Under 290 is in sight and that may earn another fist pump.  I am sleeping better and snoring less already.  It would be silly to assume I have already been successful and do little to keep me motivated.  I know better.  But, it is amazing how quickly small changes to your lifestyle can have positive effects.  Here's to walking away from meals and still feeling good...

No comments:

Post a Comment