Friday, January 7, 2011

The Streak Almost Comes To An End

It's a good thing I like streaks.  It's great that I like besting my own records.  Even better that I like bragging about my streak to others.  So, after 302 days, I found myself facing the end of the streak tonight.  After getting out of work late, we joined my mom and my sister for their farewell dinner before they embark on their trip back to San Diego tomorrow.  If they weren't leaving in the morning, I would have skipped tonight's dinner so that I had time for the club.  After dinner, we went to the Events Center to watch Pueblo South and Pueblo Central play. 

I was tired even before the game started.  After an overtime thriller, I was even more exhausted by the time I got home at 10:30.  The club closes at 10:00.  So, there I was faced with the decision of whether or not to go to bed and get some much needed rest or brave the elements and take a walk in the freezing night.  I grabbed the leash and watched my walking partner, Duke (who you may remember as my son's money-grubbing husky), flip out as he realized he was going for a walk.  I did such a good job bundling up that I managed a good sweat by the time we were done with our hour-long fast-paced jaunt.  I wasn't thrilled at first.  But, it took me only about 10 minutes to realize that I wouldn't regret the decision.  I was right.  Great night.  Great walk.  Great sweat.  Great decision.

Here's to making great decisions even when they don't appear to be such when they are made...  and too 303 straight days...

No comments:

Post a Comment