Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Like A Kid At Christmas

I feel like a kid at Christmas.  I guess the only difference would be that the anticipation that kids feel on Christmas Eve is combined with a certainty that what they are anxiously waiting for will be there in the morning.  I, however, do not have that same certainty.  I feel pretty positive.  Other than a small handful of M&Ms and a couple of Ruffles potato chips, I have had a perfect day.  But, I still have an anxiousness and uncertainty that most children don't have to deal with the evening before receiving their gifts.  Maybe that's not quite true.  Maybe not knowing if Santa Clause will end up bringing you that one thing that you really desire is very similar to how I feel tonight.  I can't recall.  Maybe there was even a little anxiety associated with just hoping that Ol' Saint Nick would find your house and not have anything like the Heat Miser or Cold Miser getting in his way. 

I know it's crazy.  But, I actually think I may have trouble going to sleep tonight.  I am truly that excited at the very prospect of waking up and finally breaking the 200 pound barrier.  I can still hardly believe it.  Even when I set this goal 10 months ago, I am not sure I thought it was really possible.  I thought I had a good chance of losing some weight, even substantial amounts.  But, I don't think I really believed that I could ever get to 200 again, let alone in 10 months!

Here's to tomorrow morning and the only gift that I want... well, besides the usual one regarding waking up...

No comments:

Post a Comment