Friday, September 12, 2014

229.8

I have once again proven that my best strategy for losing weight is avoidance and that I don't have any true willpower.  We received an invite from my Mom right before I left work to join her and my sister at Red Lobster.  I like Red Lobster when trying to lose weight and have had some reasonable success in the past.  That was not the case last night.  Not sure if it was the salt, the Endless Shrimp, or the slight allergic reaction that I get when eating endless shrimp... something that you think might keep me from indulging by itself... but I ended up gaining 3.4 pounds this morning.

The funny thing is that I look at that number and am stunned that I could gain that much weight in one day.  It still amazes me.  But, the craziest thing are the good choices I still made last night that I used to never make.  I surely would have gone back over 230 if I hadn't skipped the biscuits, not drank only water, not eaten any rice, and not ordered green beans instead of some kind of potato.  Of course, that was all somewhat negated by a bite of my Mom's key lime pie, a bite of my Mom's chicken (some sugar-glazed concoction), a couple of bites of my sister's lobster mashed potatoes (who thinks of these things?), and a bite of my sister's cheesecake... oh, and that extra helping of the Parmesan Shrimp Scampi (drowning shrimp in butter wasn't fattening enough so they decided to add cheese to the equation).

Disappointed in myself and my choices and continuing to search for the strength to be able to join family and friends out for a bite to eat without ruining everything I am trying so hard to work for.  While practicing avoidance is a legitimate strategy, I still feel that I need to find some small amount of willpower to combat these moments and not set myself back.  And, at the same time, still slightly overjoyed that I didn't see 230 this morning... ever the optimist.

Still searching...

Starting weight (this time): 278.4
Current weight: 229.8
Change from previous: +3.4
Total: (48.6)
Total Days: 219 

No comments:

Post a Comment