Monday, September 1, 2014

229.0/228.2

Yesterday's weigh-in was expected.  We were out of town all day on Saturday and nothing I ate that day could be remotely considered good.  I woke up and immediately hit the club not wanting to even see my weight before getting some exercise in.  I ended up being up 1.6 and relieved that I remained under 230 despite my bad day.

Yesterday, Lori and I went to the Colorado State Fair.  Now, despite my love for food, I have never been a huge fan of fair fare and never really crave anything while we are out there.  Giant turkey legs?  Meh.  Funnel cake?  Not for me.  Fried Snickers, fried cookie dough, fried PB&J, fried Oreos, fried Twinkies, fried bacon-wrapped Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?  Not for me.  Fried pickles or fried Pueblo chile pepper?  Yeah, that is more up my alley.  But, not in the mood last night.  In fact, Lori and I rarely ever eat anything while at the fair and I can't remember the last time I partook.  Last night was different.  We hadn't eaten dinner and after a couple of beers, the bratwurst with peppers and onions was calling my name.  Even the fried cheesecake was starting to sound good.  Things I normally resist suddenly were tempting me.  I was starving.  I wanted to eat something at the fair.

But, here's the thing.  If I had woken up on Sunday and weighed 223 pounds, I would have gotten something.  But, because I had gone up to 229 and because I SO wanted not to go back over 230 one more time, I skipped it.  I left without eating.  I ate a handful of chips last night and decided that those beers were my dinner calories... healthy, I know.  When I woke up this morning, rather than skip the club and relaxing on this Labor Day holiday, I went and had a great workout. 

When I got home, I got on the scale and was 0.8 pounds down and still under 230!  That made all of those hard decisions and that little bit of anxiety while leaving the fair last night worth it.  Next year, I will be under 210 when I go to the fair.  And, I plan on eating that bratwurst I missed this year... maybe.  I want to try that cheesecake... I think.  Maybe next year I won't really want to try either.  I will let you know.

Here's to faring well at the State Fair...

Starting weight (this time): 278.4
Current weight: 228.2
Change from previous: +0.8(via +1.6, -0.8)
Total: (50.2)
Total Days: 208


No comments:

Post a Comment