Friday, June 13, 2014

238.6

I did it again.  After what I thought was a really good day, I gained weight and was up 0.4 pounds.  But, that's not what I meant when I said I did it again.  What I meant was I once again failed to realize the calories I consumed.  That's because I still haven't fully gotten back in to the myfitnesspal.com logging.  I am not even sure why I have struggled to make that a part of my daily routine.

Unlike yesterday, I was not so positive this morning.  Not to the point of going off the wagon or sabotaging the day or the weekend.  But, yesterday I really remained positive all day despite my gain.  This morning, the even smaller gain set me off.  I was upset.

I thought about it a lot this morning, trying to figure out why I am not losing all of a sudden.  I have lifted for almost two weeks.  But, I have a hard time believing that I would be seeing any substantial weight gains over that period given how much I have to lose.  I thought maybe it was from salt... or water... or maybe remoras hanging off my ass like they do sharks!  I even thought maybe my body wasn't getting enough calories.  

So, I got on MFP and decided to enter yesterday's calories to see if that was the case.  HA!  It isn't.  When I really went through the day and entered everything... that handful of cashews, that Monster Energy drink I used as coffee, the pepperoni I ate when I got home... when I was completely honest with myself, I realized that I had consumed too many calories.  Not sure if that was the case the day before.  But, it was yesterday and now I know.  

I really need to embrace MFP.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will see a new low.

Starting weight (this time): 278.4
Current weight: 238.6
Change from previous: +0.4
Total: (39.8)
Total Days: 131

No comments:

Post a Comment