Friday, June 20, 2014

235.0

Last night, in what has become a semi-regular ritual, Lori and I went out to eat with my Mom and my sister.  I have discussed how these outings usually do me in with a combination of too much sodium and too much grazing while chatting.  And, despite my best intentions, I have yet to come away from these outings without gaining.  It would be easy to just not go.  But, I enjoy this time with my Mom and my sister and it always seemed silly to me that I couldn't control my eating habits enough to even consider making up excuses on a weekly basis to not go.  I have been pretty determined to continue going and figure this out.  To order something healthy, not pick at others' plates, and to not continue grazing after I have pushed my plate away.

So, while a 0.2 loss may not seem like much.  It is actually a minor victory.  These Friday morning weigh-ins are usually closer to a 2 pound gain.  The way I look at it, yesterday's exercise and good decisions last night at GG's BBQ resulted in me losing 2.2 pounds from what I might have been.

This bodes well going in to my Saturday morning weigh-in and a weekend with not a single event planned.  My goal is to be 232-something by Monday.

Here's to Thursday night dinners with Mom and Rita...

Starting weight (this time): 278.4
Current weight: 235.0
Change from previous: (0.2)
Total: (43.4)
Total Days: 138

No comments:

Post a Comment