Monday, December 13, 2010

In Case You Didn't Notice

Change is good.  Well, maybe not for everyone.  But, I have always liked change.  When that change is because I am 110 pounds lighter, then I like it that much more.

Saturday, I shaved off my beard.  Still left the goatee.  But, after about 15 years (seems to be a common number for me), I finally got rid of the beard.  Nobody noticed.  And, that's okay.  I like to think that had I shave my beard a year ago, it would have been more noticeable.  I think it doesn't have quite the impact now.  Kelsea noticed.  Niko asked me if I was growing out the hair on my chin...  seriously son?!  I used to think that my beard hid my fat face.  LOL!  Who was I kidding?  Well, me if you must know.  Now, I think it makes me look fatter.  It felt weird shaving it off.  You get used to things over time.  I even got used to being fat.  But, I like the goatee.  Now on to convincing Lori that I would look fine with a completely bald head.  Or, at the very least, convincing her that even if it looks bad it will grow back in about three days!

Yesterday, I was finally able to wear my wedding ring again.  Though I wore a replacement about seven or eight years ago, I have not worn my actual wedding band for about...  wait for it... 13 years, maybe less (you thought I was going to say 15, didn't you?).  I just know that I was glad I got it off my finger when I did or it may have required tools to get off if I had waited much longer.  I know I said previously that this was mostly for Lori.  But, I have to admit I like being able to wear my ring again.  At the very least, it is a great feeling to know that I am now a similar weight to where I was 13 years ago!  Oh, and by the way, Mindy noticed that I was wearing my wedding ring!  So, wedding ring 1, goatee 0.  Who would have guessed it?

Here's to change...

No comments:

Post a Comment