Sunday, October 3, 2010

October 1 Status Update... Make That October 2

Yesterday was my sixth official weigh-in against my monthly goals. Below is a quick status update...

  • On September 1, I weighed 221.6 pounds. My October 1 goal was 210.0 pounds. Yesterday morning I weighed 213.0. I missed my October 1 goal by 3.0 pounds and lost 8.6 pounds in the month of September. This is the second straight month that I have missed my goal.  Up until posting this, I had mistakenly believed that I had lost 10.6 pounds this month and kept my streak of double digit losses intact.  But  sadly, the only thing that remains intact is my senility.  I thought I started the month at 223.6.  Oops!
  • My November 1 goal was 202. While I have no reason to believe that October will be better than the last two months, I am lowering my goal to the Holy Grail, 200 pounds.  So, my remaining goals are November 1 - 200, December 1 - 195, New Year's Day 2011 - 190.
  • I have lost 100.0 pounds since the middle of January... though that number is actually 100.8 as of this morning. I have lost 89.6 pounds over the 29 weeks since the start of this blog. And, I have lost 84.6 pounds since returning from Las Vegas on March 23.
  • My streak of exercising at least 30 minutes has now reached 207 straight days!
  • I lost .287 pounds per day in September. My goal weight for November 1 would require me to lose .419 pounds per day.  Okay, after seeing it that way maybe I might have bitten off more than I can chew.  But, I guess that's what goals are for!
  • And the bad numbers... I went over my daily calorie goal 12 times in September.  As bad as that number is, it was still less than August. 
  • My new streak of days below my calorie goal ended yesterday at 4.  Today wasn't much better.  So, tomorrow I start a new streak and try to beat 4.  Hitting your goals is much easier when you set the bar low!
  • My plan was to start P90x as soon as I broke 200.  My brother wants to start his second go of it soon and would like to do it concurrently... despite the thousands of miles between us.  So, we have set a date of November 8.  Regardless of whether I have gotten below 200 by that date, that is the date I will begin P90x and I can't wait.  My friend told me that I was the first person they ever heard who was "excited" to start P90x.  I would have thought that most people who were taking that on would be somewhat excited.
I give myself a C- for September. If not for a bad week, I was easily headed for a high B or even an A.  But, I got to 100 finally and I still can't believe I can lose almost 9 pounds in a month and be disappointed.  Here's to October...

No comments:

Post a Comment