Thursday, October 7, 2010

Grapes... The Perfect Snack

One of the things that hasn't changed from eight months ago are the occasional nightly food cravings.  Like everything else regarding my eating habits, I am much better.  But, two or three times a week I come home from the club and I am still hungry.  In the past, I would turn to things like potato chips, Doritos, cashews, and even the ol' standby, frozen pizza.  Not any longer.  Now when I get the munchies, I almost always reach for grapes.

I have always loved grapes.  But, I seem to enjoy them even more now.  They are such a refreshing and healthier alternative to my previous snacking choices.  Our refrigerator almost always has grapes.  The refrigerator at work is no different.  I don't even care how expensive they are anymore because they are still far cheaper than grabbing a snack from a fast food restaurant or a place like Dairy Queen.  Combine our increased grape-eating habits with my son's addiction to them, and we end up buying tons of grapes on a weekly, or twice weekly, basis. 

So, for all of you struggling with those cravings.  Whenever you need to chew on something.  I highly recommend them.  Here's to the incredible edible grape... 

No comments:

Post a Comment