Sunday, July 25, 2010

More Pics!

It used to be a rare thing to have any pictures taken of me, let alone two taken in one day!  Yesterday, I found myself on the wrong side of the camera once again. 

In the morning, my friend Russ and his son, Brandon, picked me up on our way to a golf fundraiser in Colorado City.  I laughed when I saw Brandon walk up wearing an outfit awfully similar to what I had on.  He made a face at his father as if to say, "Are you kidding me?".  Below is the picture of mini-me and and his Uncle Anthony after finishing our round of golf.  By the way, Brandon swings his driver better than me.


After I got home from the golf tournament, I realized that I still had about a 40 minute window to hit the club before I had to get ready for the wedding we were attending in Colorado Springs that evening.  And, yes, being able to get to the club absolutely made my day!  Not sure of the relevance of this part of the story since it has nothing to do with these two photos.

The second picture is of Lori and I shortly before leaving for the wedding.  Besides Lori wanting to take this photo, I had a secondary reason for taking it because I wanted to show you my "found" suit.  Some time last week I realized that I didn't know what I was going to wear to this wedding.  I knew that it would be a pretty fancy wedding and that it was being held at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort.  I figured that most of the people in attendance would be wearing suits and a quick survey of my friends who were attending confirmed this. 

The only problem is that the suit I had purchased a few years ago and wore as recently as a couple of months ago simply didn't fit me anymore.  And, that was my only suit. In fact, it would look pretty silly on me.  I debated purchasing a new suit.  But, given that I have at least 35+ more pounds to lose, that seemed silly and a waste of money.  I thought of renting a suit as well.  I asked a friend if he had any jackets that might fit.  In the end, I hoped that I wouldn't look too underdressed when I showed up in a dress shirt and tie.  I thought about being underdressed even more when Lori found a really nice dress last weekend.

Some time in the middle of the week, I remembered that I had kept some old suits in my daughter's closet.  I also remembered looking at them late last year and getting rid of them along with a lot of other old clothing in the closet.  I knew I had gotten rid of one of my old suits because it looked a little old and worn.  I also thought I had gotten rid of a second because I thought the color was no longer in style.  But, I couldn't remember if I had gotten rid of the third.  When I asked Lori, she said she didn't think I had kept any of the suits and was pretty sure I had given them all to Goodwill.  The next day, she called to tell me she had found it in the closet. 

I was glad that I had kept it, though I had no idea if it would be remotely close to fitting since I can't remember the timeframe of any of these old clothes.  I finally remembered to try it on Wednesday night.  I couldn't believe it when I slid the pants on and they fit!  A touch snug, but definitely workable.  With a couple of good days eating, I figured I could survive the night and still be able to breathe.  It was like finding a brand new suit!  I no longer needed to worry...


To add to the excitement over finding my old suit was a fun evening at a nice wedding filled with more compliments and encouraging words from so many friends that it's almost overwhelming.  Thanks to everyone who had something kind to say.  I really do appreciate the words.  Here's to finding unexpected surprises in the hidden recesses of your closet...

2 comments:

  1. You two are just too stinking (shrinking?) cute!
    Here's to feeling & looking as healthy as your mind remembers yourself being! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thanks Cindi! While it is definitely an improvement, it's still not quite how my mind remembers it. But, of course, even if I lose the weight, I might still have a problem with that mental image because that guy has a bunch of hair!

    ReplyDelete