Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wow! Not Repulsed...

I know I have sounded like a broken record, but I will again point out something that has not happened in around 15 years or so.  I have not liked a single picture of me.  To say I disliked pictues of me would actually be an understatement.  Pictures of me usually repulsed me and were met with an audible groan of displeasure.  And, while I enjoy seeing the improvement in the before and after photos I posted a couple of weeks ago, that in no way is an indication that I "liked' the after photo.  It just means that it is an improvement and I am happy that I am no longer the fat penguin.

Over the last few years I have enjoyed my default role as family photographer because that meant I was behind the camera and not in front of it!  I regret that I have felt that way because the memories of me through photos will be severely limited in the future.  But, the few times I found myself in front of the camera were always upsetting. 

This past Sunday, Lori took a photo of me in front of my sister's house in Salida.  I looked at it on the camera and thought to myself that it wasn't half bad.  But, I thought it might not be quite as appealing on a large screen.  But, when I downloaded it yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised.  I don't LOVE it.  But, I like it.  Best of all, I look at it and am not upset.  I can only imagine how I will feel in a few months.  But, for now, this is the best capture of me I have seen in quite some time.   Here it is...


Here's to having photos of you that truly reflect how you feel about yourself inside...

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You look FANTASTIC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tilda! Not quite fantastic yet, but getting closer to semi-okay. lol.

    ReplyDelete