Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 1 Status Update

Today was my fifth official weigh-in against my monthly goals. Below is a quick status update...
  • On August 1, I weighed 231.6 pounds. My September 1 goal was 219.8 pounds. This morning I weighed 221.6. I missed my September 1 goal by 1.8 pounds and lost 10.0 pounds in the month of August. This is the second month out of five that I have not made my goal.
  • My October 1 goal was 210. Rather than increase it 1.8 pounds, I am leaving it and hoping to make up the ground I lost in August.  So, my remaining goals remain unchanged. They are October 1 - 210, November 1 - 202, December 1 - 195, New Year's Day 2011 - 190.
  • I have lost 91.4 pounds since the middle of January. I have lost 81.0 pounds over 25 weeks since the start of this blog. And, I have lost 76.0 pounds since returning from Las Vegas on March 23.
  • My streak of exercising at least 30 minutes has now reached 176 straight days!
  • I lost .323 pounds per day in August. My goal weight for October 1 would require me to lose .387 pounds per day.
  • And the bad numbers... I went over my daily calorie goal 14 times in August.  Add to it the last two days of July where I did the same, and I have actually exceeded my calorie limit 16 of the last 33 days. 
As disappointed in myself as I was last night, several people kindly reminded me to focus on what I have accomplished. In that vain, I had to look back at my original goals set back in March and remind myself that my September 1 goal started at 225. After 25 weeks, I am still ahead of my ORIGINAL pace and that makes me smile. It is unfortunate that my early success spoiled me. All I wanted on March 10 was to get under 200 within a year! Oh how expectations have changed.

I give myself a C for August. Too many exceptions to be anything better despite the 10 pounds.  Here's to September...

Tomorrow: Pueblo Mountain Park...  I promise...  really.

1 comment:

  1. I know you feel down but I give you an A+. It is for being real. You too can miss some of your goals but you are inspirational because you do not give up! Good to know that you may be down for the day or a few hours but then you pick yourself up and get right back to it. So many of us on this journey have a bad day that continues on for a week, month, .....and we are back where we begun. Not you, We all know you are not that person. Bless you for all your inspiration and keep up the great work.

    Judi

    ReplyDelete