Saturday, August 16, 2014

50

No, not shades of grey... though Lori and I have yet to discuss what I want for my birthday present!  That number is how old I am today.  That number is also the amount of weight I have lost since rebooting this blog and this fight.  I just weighed in at 228.4.  Down exactly 50 pounds from my weight on February 4 of 278.4.  How fitting.

The best part of turning 50 is that I feel so much better, healthier, and fitter than I did at 40, and possibly even 30.  That age, that used to bother me so much more and still bothers me slightly, is so much easier to stomach feeling the way I do today than it would have if I was 280+.  When asked what I wanted for my birthday, I have been telling family members to contribute to a fund so that I can purchase a stand up paddleboard... something I have been eyeing for the last year that became even more desirable after talking to SUP vendors, watching men my age enjoy them in the ocean off Cocoa Beach, and having a friend, Shawna Miller (who, by the way, also is fully living life at 50+), absolutely fall in love with the sport and her new board recently.  What better gift than something that will add even more years to my life through exercise, relaxation, and a little zen?  I can't think of anything.  As I have been told to do by family and friends, I am embracing turning 50.  In fact, I look forward to being 60 with the knowledge that I will even be more healthy in ten years than I am now!

Down 1.8 pounds after my double-bacon-cheeseburger-and-fries strategy worked to perfection and continued this streak of actions not lining up with results.  Today I celebrate my birthday with no guarantees that I won't return to the 230s.  But, I don't care.  Because I will continue doing what I am doing and will continue to slowly return to the weight I was three years ago.

Here's to 50 years on this earth and many more...

Starting weight (this time): 278.4
Current weight: 228.4
Change from previous: (1.8)
Total: (50.0)
Total Days: 193 

No comments:

Post a Comment