Thursday, August 14, 2014

229.2

BACK UNDER 230!  Again.  Deja vu.  For the last time.  Never again.  Say good bye to the 230s.  Blah blah blah.  Yada yada yada.  [Insert Charlie Brown's teacher's incoherent talking sound here.]

I would like to say I did good yesterday.  But, I didn't.  I would like to say that I was positive all day after going back over 230.  But, I wasn't.  I was frustrated.  I would like to say I ate a good lunch and skipped the leftover food I found in a meeting conference room.  I didn't.  Not only did I eat some, but I can hardly imagine it being any worse than the cheese sauce covered chicken and noodles dish that I ate.  (Though the fact that my stomach started revolting in the middle of me eating this fat-laden dish kept me from finishing it.)  I would like to say that I kept my sodium low.  But, I didn't.  After a morning of jalapeno pretzel pieces, I complimented it with an evening of sampling about six different new potato chip flavors (by the way, the new Lay's Wasabi and Ginger chips are the bomb) and also ate a few pieces of pepperoni.  I would like to say that I finally stopped drinking soda.  But, I didn't.  I had a Pepsi with that bad lunch and drank a couple of drinks of root beer right before going to bed for good measure.  I would like to say I got up this morning and worked out hard after being too tired to get up the first three mornings this week.  But, I didn't.  I didn't even make the decision to stay in bed, as I had the last three mornings.  This time, I forgot to change my alarm and it was set wrong.  I would like to say I expected to be down 1.2 pounds this morning.  But, sadly, I was not expecting that.  I expected to be up over 231 today and then crying to you this morning about my addictive personality.

Instead, for the second day in a row, my result did not match my behavior.  And, I couldn't be happier.  With my birthday weekend in front of me, I won't even write that I really hope it's the last time.  I could stay under 230 this weekend.  Or, I could break 240.  It really is a crapshoot.

Here's to doing everything wrong and being rewarded for it...

Starting weight (this time): 278.4
Current weight: 229.2
Change from previous: (1.2)
Total: (49.2)
Total Days: 191 

No comments:

Post a Comment