Wednesday, July 2, 2014

231.2

I'm back!  After three days in the mountains backpacking and hiking, I returned to a comfortable bed last night and my friend the scale this morning.  Both were extremely kind to me.

I wasn't sure what to expect this morning.  Lori and I have hiked and backpacked and been disappointed afterwards when very little changed or we had gained.  Sometimes, it was the food we ate to fuel us for our hikes.  Sometimes, it was the food we ate immediately after as some sort of "reward" dinner.  Sometimes, we had no idea.  To make matters worse, when I woke up early on Sunday morning to head towards the mountains, I was up 1.8 and weighed 235.8.  To make matters even worse than that, our group stopped at the Boathouse in Salida for said "reward" dinner and then my Mom invited us out to Angelo's Pizza for dinner with the family.  But, I ate decently at the Boathouse and ate even better at Angelo's Pizza.  Despite every muscle from our feet to our knees to our hips to our shoulders hurting and sore, we followed up our Angelo's dinner with a couple trips around the Riverwalk for a little more exercise.

I woke up this morning and debated going to the club because I was sore and tired.  I got on the scale and was rewarded with a very good number, 231.8... and the realization that I needn't go to the club to be down.  But, I went anyway.  Because I knew that I could get even lower if I did and my body might feel less sore if I exercised.

When I returned, I weighed 231.2 and was ecstatic.  Slightly closer to breaking 230.  Down 2.2 from my recent low from Friday.  Down 4.6 from my early morning pre-backpacking weight from Sunday.  Down 47.2 overall.  Down to my lowest weight since November 24, 2011, the last time I was under 230 and weighed 229.8.  And, I feel great.

Here's to the mountains, the hiking, the backpacking, the views, and that number on the scale this morning being my "reward" instead of the meals afterwards...

Starting weight (this time): 278.4
Current weight: 231.2
Change from previous: (2.8) from last reported here, (4.6) from last weigh-in
Total: (47.2)
Total Days: 148 

No comments:

Post a Comment