Wednesday, September 26, 2012

241.8

Now that's how you get something started!  Down 3.2 after Day 1 of my "commitment".

Now, I must confess that I still ended up cheating... though I wasn't conscious of my decision.  My old nemesis, free food, tried to ruin Day 1.  I wasn't aware there was free food in the office.  I wasn't even invited to the party.  But, as I walked past a conference room where a baby shower was taking place, I heard a bunch of ladies yell my name and invite me in to partake in all of the extra food they had.  I promise you it was actual people yelling my name and not the sound of free food calling me!  So, I joined them.  And, I was good... or so I thought.  I filled my plate with mostly salad with a light dressing.  Then, instead of making a sandwich, I put some deli slices and pickles on my plate and skipped the bread and mayo.  But, I also grabbed some provolone and some blue cheese crumbles for my salad.  When I left the room, I felt good about my decisions.  But, almost immediately after updating myfitnesspal.com with the details, my brother sent me an e-mail that read, "I thought you weren't eating any cheese?".  I have heard of Facebook creeping before, but never MyFitnessPal creeping!  But, he was right.  I had forgotten.  I honestly would have skipped the cheese had I remembered.  It was an oversight and not a decision to cheat.  So, apologies to my brother and our commitment.  And, thanks for keeping me on track you psycho obsessive nutbag (you can see that this type of behavior is a family trait).  Based on my results, I still met up with my old nemesis, free food, and won this battle.

So, back to my commitment.  I have to make a slight modification.  This is the problem with life, or at least my life recently, too many "events".  I picked this two weeks because I had nothing going on.  And, as soon as I had written it in this blog, my boss and his girlfriend invited Lori and I over for dinner on Saturday.  There is no way to stay true to my committment.  No way that I can go and have a salad.  No way that I can skip the beers and mafiosas (a treat I have only heard about and not experienced) and drink just water.  She is an awesome cook and it will be an Italian smorgasbord of authentic delights.  She is even making home-made pasta!  My best bet would have been to say we had plans and then hope for another invite.  I wanted to go and didn't want to risk that not happening in the future.  So, here is my new "modified" commitment.  I will do awesome through Saturday night.  I will limit the damages that night as much as possible without offending (lol).  Then, I will add two more weeks to my original dates.  So, 18 of 19 days of being "almost" perfect.  And, then I will pray that nobody else asks me over for dinner, to a fundraiser, in to a conference room with free pizza, to a sporting event, or out to a favorite restaurant.  That's all...

By the way, I also had bowling last night.  I skipped the Shock Top pitchers and the chili cheese fries that looked really good.  Despite my teammates attempts at getting me back over 250, I was good.  Just thought you should know.

Day 40 - (3.2), Overall - (10.8), Pounds To Break 220 - 22.0, Ahead/(Behind) Pace - (6.7)

No comments:

Post a Comment