Wednesday, March 5, 2014

That Feeling Is Back!

One of the things I miss from a couple of years ago is that addiction I had to exercising.  While my streak helped motivate me and got me started.  Ultimately, I became addicted to exercising.  I not only wanted to keep that streak alive, but I also needed it.  I wanted to exercise every night.  Even after the streak ended, I felt not quite whole if I missed a day of exercise. 

Like a lot of the things that were going right for me, that feeling somehow dissipated.  But, it's finally starting to come back!  Tonight, as always seems to be the case when I am flying home from a business trip, my flight was delayed.  As the departure time kept getting pushed back, I was disappointed that I wouldn't be getting home sooner.  After 10 days on the road, I was ready to be back home.  But, my return flights have been delayed every single week but one since I started making these trips to Chicago.  On this night, something felt different.  I felt a little more anxious about the delay.

The difference was that I wanted to get home in time to go to the gym.  I knew if I got home by 9:25, I could still make it to the gym and work out for 30 minutes.  I wanted this even more because of the impending weigh-in tomorrow morning.  So, as I watched the departure time go from 5:59 PM to somewhere north of 7:15 PM, I knew my chances were gone.  That feeling has started to creep back in my life.  I not only want to exercise because I know I should.  I now want to exercise because I need to.  Because exercise gives me a high.

I am glad to get that feeling back.  

On a side note, I am afraid to weigh in tomorrow.

Here's to my addiction...

No comments:

Post a Comment