Tuesday, October 16, 2012

237.6

So much for having a good weekend!  It is odd having such mixed emotions about a day...

The Highs - Let's focus on the highs since I am trying to be a little more positive in my self-assessments.  First, I planned to go to a friend's house to watch the Broncos on Monday Night Football.  I knew he would have some good Mexican food and I knew I was not going to have a great night.  So, I made sure to get to the club before going over to his house.  Since I only had a 30 minute window, I worked out hard for those 30 minutes.  I think I ended up burning more calories than I do when I go my normal 45.  Those 30 minutes included 8 minutes of running!  I think that is what I am most excited about.  As I have put weight back on, my knee stopped handling my runs and I went back to walking on the treadmill.  I have been anxious to run again and I missed it.  I was pretty excited to be running and my knee held up pretty well.  Hopefully, I can up the minutes each week and go back to what I was doing over a year ago.

That wasn't my only high.  After eating poorly at my friend's house, I felt like crap.  Way too much salt.  Way too much food.  My ride wanted to leave a little early and as we drove, I asked my daughter if she felt like going to the club.  Like me, she was full.  But, she agreed and I ended up back at the club with the intent of trying to limit the damages.  I walked another 45 minutes and, while it didn't erase what I had done at dinner, it made me feel much better about myself.  In addition, it was fun to cheer on the Broncos with a group of people exercising as they made a miracle comeback against the Chargers!

The Lows - Again, I won't go in to details.  I ate too much.  I was upset when I went back to the club thinking about how much better it would have been to have two workout sessions and not eaten poorly.  I was upset that it hurt a little bit to exercise because I was so full.  And, I was upset about the 2 pounds this morning.

Back to the highs... despite that, I know that a lot of it was salt and with a good day today I will be back to where I was yesterday.  I am okay losing a couple of days, just don't want to lose 5.  I am going to stay positive despite accepting that I am a food addict and will never have full control over that. 

Day 60 - 2.0, Overall - (15.0), Pounds To Break 220 - 17.8, Ahead/Behind Pace - (11.2)

No comments:

Post a Comment