Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Year Of Exercise!

365 days!  I am sitting in a hotel room in Rapid City, South Dakota after just finishing 20 minutes of walking and 20 minutes of running on a treadmill in a little hotbox that HoJo's refers to as an "exercise room".  I started this blog and my exercising on March 10, 2010.  While I have had at least one night a month where I really didn't feel like it, including Monday of this week, I have gotten off my butt and exercised at least 30 minutes... though the usual workout is easily an hour at least... for an entire year!  In Las Vegas, in San Diego, out in the middle of a cold winter night, late at night after drinking a little too much, at night in hotels when I really wanted to go to bed.  I have exercised during all of that.

Tomorrow, when I get home to Pueblo late at night, I will be tired.  I will want to skip exercising.  And, I will tell myself that I only did this to get to a year and now that I reached my goal that I can now rest.  But, of course, I will still exercise.  And, I will exercise the day after that.  And, barring health concerns that make it impossible, I will continue to exercise every single day.  Because, other than those few moments where my body says no, I love exercising and now I need to start working on extending that streak to two years!  Why not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment