Monday, March 7, 2011

203.2/204.4... Extremely Disappointed In Myself

Those are my weights from Sunday and this morning.  So, I followed up the gain from my week in Denver with a crappy weekend and another 2.6 pounds.  For the first time in months, I am extremely unhappy with myself.  I know I will lose these pounds over the next couple of weeks.  But, I hate that I know that.  It's nice to know that I can have the occasional exception and have confidence that I can make up for it over the next week.  But, it doesn't mean I HAVE to gain the weight every time I am away from home.  One great meal in Denver would have been fine.  But, I don't need to pig out every single meal! 

The worst thing are the exceptions I don't even enjoy.  We had lunch at Bubba Gump's on Wednesday and my friend and I ordered the fish and chips and some dinner with three different fried shrimp varieties and some cocktail shrimp.  Between all of the fried food and french fries, I felt sick the rest of the day.  It wasn't even worthy of an exception!  It was good, but not great.  The non-breaded meals that I saw at the table looked way better than what I ended up eating. 

I need to save the exceptions for the nights like next week when I will celebrate my son's birthday and the start of March Madness all on the same night with some chicken wings.  I am good with that.  But, four straight bad days that lead to another two over the weekend is simply unacceptable.  I am better than that. 

So, now I start this week 5 pounds heavier than last Tuesday.  Bad timing since I am coming up on the year anniversary of this blog.  Very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment